About Me

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Beginning of My Ukulele

TO begin this blog, I want to write a post telling how I started falling in love with Ukulele.

Two months ago, on a cold night in January, my friend shared a YouTube video with me. (I’ll share the link below this paragraph, too.) In the video, a 5-year-old Japanese boy was playing Ukulele. I was shocked and smiled deeply at that time. The little guitar (I thought it was a guitar then.) and his voice just sounded quite happy. Because I didn’t get the meaning of the word, Ukulele, at the beginning of the video title, I started to search it.

If you search Ukulele on the website of Google in Taiwan, you’ll find David Chen’s blog at the third result. (Click me to David’s blog.) David is one of the beginners who promote teaching Ukulele in Taiwan. He wrote that he had found Ukulele a good instrument and tool in children music therapy. I was surprised about this characteristic because I had the interest about that kind of therapy, too.

David’s blog stimulated my interest in Ukulele. And there is a man pushing me more and more. He’s name is Jake Shimabukuro. I’ll spend an essay talking about Jake and his music in my own view next time. Keep concern!

Take care and don’t catch any cold!





3 comments:

  1. Hello I am Yvonne, it's very happy to read your blog. The topic you chose is really interesting and fascinating. This is my first time heard of Ukulele, this name is really cute and special, the little boy in this film is cute, too. I am really surprised to this interesting instrument, how can it make people so happy to play it? The little boy’s happy voice makes me want to learn how to play this surprising instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ukulele is pretty cool!! I first saw it when i was in senior high school and at that moment I also think it is guitar too!(or maybe little guitar XD). The sound of Ukulele is funny and cute.Few days ago,i saw a youtube video is about Ukulele, in the video ,there is a man play giutar and ukulele,i thought it's cool! And i will put the link if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErMWX--UJZ4

    About this cute kid, tHe first song I've heard is "I'm yours", the link I put in the first line. I like Jason Mraz's musics, and I think the boy play it pretty well, and his facial expression is so CUUUUUUUTE. Although he couldn't sing in English very well. :P

    ReplyDelete